Table of Facts
Manor House: Built originally as a hunting lodge for Dr. Thomas Walker of Castle Hill in 1736 and then modified in 1818 and again in 1832. The house is the shape of an H with the original portion in the back and the 1832 portion making the front of the house. Starting at the front porch (allegedly designed by Thomas Jefferson) one enters into the front hall. Off the front hall are the two most formal rooms, the drawing room and library which both have elaborate original woodwork, fireplaces and 11 1/2 ft. ceilings. At the end of the hall is a fully paneled sitting or family room with a fireplace and half-bath. This portion of the house is the hyphen which connects to the older hand-hewn log section. The 1st floor in the older portion has the formal dining room, office/den with half-bath and two more recent additions: alarge kitchen and 1st floor master bedroom with a full bath. The 2nd floor has another master bedroom with a bath, three additional bedrooms, two full baths and an upstairs sitting room. The English basement is partially finished with a large gameroom for entertaining. Attached to the house via a covered breezeway is the old kitchen currently used as a guest room with a full bath. Also along the breezeway is another bedroom with a full bath. The house has central air conditioning and is heated by an oil-fired hot water system. Numerous wells with very good flow supply the water. Further, a large diesel generator backs up the electrical supply and supplies power to the entire house.