X hits on this document





24 / 114

All costs for a credential evaluation service are the responsibility of the applicant. The evaluation should include (1) confirmation of receipt of a degree that is equivalent to a four-year degree in the United States, (2) the approximate transla- tion of Grade Point Average (GPA) to a 4.0 system, and (3) verification of the

authenticity of the international documents. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

The TOEFL is required for all

applicants whose native language is not English. Submit an official copy of your TOEFL score to the Admissions Office. TOEFL is not required for applicants who have studied and received a degree from a university in the United States, or who have graduated from a university where English is the official language of instruc- tion. A minimum score of 525 on the paper-based test or a 196 on the computer- based test is required. For score reporting purposes, Delta State University’s insti- tutional code is 1163. Students with scores less than the minimum may be con- sidered for admission, but are required to enroll and demonstrate satisfactory per- formance in English as A Second Language (ESL) coursework during their first semester of enrollment.

Financial Documents Required. International students must submit bank state- ments showing that sufficient financial resources are available to cover the costs of the first year of study. Bank statements must be current; documents older than six months are not acceptable.

Issuance of Nonimmigrant Student Visa Documents. Once a student has been approved for admission to Delta State University and has submitted acceptable proof of funding, the International Students Office (ISO) will review each case and issue the proper immigration document (Form I-20 or IAP-66). The student takes the form to the U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country to apply for the appropriate visa. Students who are already in the United States must con- tact ISO for instructions on transfer procedures of their immigration status, and/or changes of status if necessary.

International students outside the United States. Students who are outside the United States will be mailed either Form I-20 (for F-1 visa) or IAP-66 (for J-1 visa), depending on the sources of funding and sponsorship. Generally, students who finance their studies through personal or family funds should enter the United States on an F-1 visa. Some students who are under the sponsorship of their home government, or by the U.S. government, may be required to enter the United Sattes on a J-1 visa. To obtain a visa, students must contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to find out about application requirements, proce- dures, hours, fees, and processing times. Students should be prepared to show the following documents: I-20 or IAP-66, passport, letter of admission or invita- tion to Delta State, proof of financial support, and strong evidence of intent to return to their home country after completion of studies. Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to be aware of the terms and conditions concerning his or her admission and authorized stay in the United States.

International students with F-1 or J-1 status transferring to Delta State from another school in the United States. Students who wish to transfer to Delta State from another school in the United States must have maintained their immigration status to be eligible for a transfer. They must submit proof of financial support for their program of study along with copies of their current Form I-20 or IAP-66, passport, visa, and I-94 card.


Document info
Document views423
Page views423
Page last viewedMon Jan 23 14:53:14 UTC 2017