X hits on this document





25 / 114

When a student has been approved for admission to Delta State University and has shown adequate proof of funding, the Form I-20 (for F-1 visa holders) will be mailed to the student with instructions for completing an immigration transfer. A transfer of F-1 status from one school to another may be accomplished by provid- ing evidence that the student was “in status” the previous semester. ISO has a School Transfer Form that may be used for this purpose. Transfer students should contact ISO for the form which must be completed and signed by their current school.

International students in the United States on a visa other than F-1 or J-1. International students already in the United States with an immigration status other than F-1 or J-1 must contact ISO to determine whether a change of status is necessary and possible. Please note that those present on a B-2 tourist visa may have difficulties in changing their status in the United States. Those who have entered on the visa waiver program must return to their home country in order to obtain a student visa before they can start their studies at Delta State University.

International Student Orientation - All new international students (including transfers) are encouraged to attend an international orientation. International student orientation is held a few days before the beginning of each semester. The orientation covers immigration issues, employment opportunities and regulations, health insurance, academic policies, and cultural adjustment to life in the United States. Contact the ISO for dates and times.

For Additional Information: International Students Office Delta State University Kethley 105 Cleveland, MS 38733, U.S.A. (662) 846-4867 or FAX (662) 846-4015 www.deltast.edu; E-mail: bbrown@dsu.deltast.edu


Graduate students who have withdrawn in good standing from the University or who have been suspended for academic deficiencies or for other reasons should submit their application for readmission to the Admissions Office. The college or school dean must approve applications for readmission by students who have been suspended for academic deficiencies.


Document info
Document views438
Page views438
Page last viewedTue Jan 24 20:45:05 UTC 2017