and 4th Quarters .
1) . CP-35 employees are those Army employees working in intelligence at grades 10 and above in the GG-080, Security Specialist, GG-032, Intelligence Specialist, Engineers and Scientists in the 0800, 1300, and 1500 series families, and Trainers and Educators in Series 1702 and 1710 series.
2) . The type of training that is most often funded in the G-2 by ACTEDS dollars is high cost training for university courses (tuition and books). It also could be used for extended TDY incident to training such as if someone attends a long course at Ft Huachuca or for the TDY needed for a limited term developmental assignment to Ft Huachuca. Other types of training, such as for short-term managerial or technical (intelligence) training (tuition and TDY), could also be funded by this centralized “pot of money” if local funds for training or TDY incident to training have been curtailed or frozen. Currently, the Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G-2 at HQDA approves each incidence of training where ACTEDS funds are used to ensure fair competition for the limited funds and validate that each training event is “essential.”
3) . Army, and ACTEDS funds, have not paid for obtaining a university degree in the past but have paid for individual courses that are directly related to an employee’s career path. Army and CP-35 can now pay for degrees (for all required courses and expenses) that are directly related to an intelligence or security career path and benefit the Army. Approval for payment of a degree is retained by the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Manpower and Reserve Affairs). CP-35 has worked to obtain approval in the last two years for a number of employees and has also committed to full funding.
4) . We will give preference to those:
a) Who have been funded already in this fiscal year unless they are in a continuing program that we have already committed to;
b) Working to complete the requirements for the IC Officer Training (ICOT) certificate (soon to be the JLDC) ;
c) Needing funding to complete an IC Assignment Program (ICAP) assignment (soon to be a rotational JDA), and/or
d) Working on completing certification requirements for the Army Civilian Training, Education and Development System (ACTEDS) plan for Career Program 35.
5) . Please make sure that submissions are made in accordance with requirements outlined in the 2007 ACTEDS catalogue for CP-35. More information about ACTEDS funding can be obtained at: . Once there click on the "References and Tools” section, then click on "Training and Leader Development" in the left hand green listings, then click on “ACTEDS Training Catalog”, then go to Chapter 3 and click on CP-35.