Top 10 Most Romantic Philippine Movies
The Filipino is a hopeless romantic. There- fore, it stands to reason that romantic films have become a staple in the entertainment industry. From the latest John Lloyd and Bea starrer, to the films of Sharon and Gabby of a few decades back, Filipinos flock to the movie theaters for their usual dose of kilig. But which among these movies can we comfortably rank as one of the top 10 best romantic films of the recent years?
10. Got 2 Believe - starring the late Rico Yan and his former girlfriend Claudine Barretto, the movie is about a wedding coordinator and a wedding photographer who initially get on each other’s nerves, but soon learn to fall in love.
9. Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw - the Robin Padilla and Regine Velasquez movie about a popular female singer who is kidnapped by a guy in order to make her experience life as an ordinary person. Predictably, but sweetly, they fall in love with each other.
8. May Minamahal - the Aga Mulach and Aiko Melendez starrer where a rich young man falls in love with an offbeat poorer woman and is forced to choose between his loyalty to his family or his heart.
Piolo:Believing is a coffee-ta- ble book featuring the colorful life and times of Piolo Pascual, one of the most sought-after actors in the Philippines today. The book was launched in time for his 10th year anniversary in show business.
About the Book Piolo: Believing showcases hundreds of photographs from Piolo’s personal photo col- lection, and some by celebrity photographer and writer David Fabros .
With the glamour shots taken by Fabros and Piolo’s personal pictures from his camera, the book Piolo: Believ- ing presents Piolo Pascual’s life through pictures. In the book are never before seen photos from his childhood, life before showbiz, behind the scene footages from his films and his day-to-day life with family and friends, and even random thoughts and ramblings, through writing, by PJ (Piolo’s nickname) himself.
The book has ten chapters as a representation of Piolo’s ten years in the biz.
Published by Wikipilipinas.org and authored by David Fabros, the book was launched last November 30, 2007, coinciding with Piolo’s concert entitled Ten: Piolo Pascual at the Araneta Coliseum...
7. Sana Maulit Muli - Aga Mulach and Lea Salonga’s second film together.
6. Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit - the great Philippine adaptation of Emily Bronte’s novel Wuthering Heights, starring the real and reel-life love team of Richard Gomez and Dawn Zulueta. The two’s on-screen chemistry really rocked the house...