DoDI 1400.25-V1614, December 1996
The Heads of the DoD Components or their designees shall assist the EEO complaint
investigative process by:
(1) Supporting, communicating, disseminating, and implementing the policies governing EEO complaint investigation policies at all levels within their activities.
(2) Ensuring that management officials involved in the actions at issue participate in EEO complaint investigations in a fair, impartial, and timely manner in accordance with this Volume and the guidance in References (d) and (f).
(3) Allocating sufficient resources to implement procedures for EEO complaint investigations in accordance with the guidance in References (d) and (f). as set forth in paragraph 1.d. of Enclosure 2.
b. The activity EEO complaint program staff shall assist the EEO complaint investigative process by:
(1) Developing, communicating, disseminating, and implementing policy, guidance, information, and activities necessary to ensure fair and expeditious management and processing of EEO complaint investigations.
(2) Communicating the EEO complaint investigative process to employees and applicants for employment.
Requesting investigation of an EEO complaint within 30 days of the formal filing.
Facilitating investigations by providing administrative and logistical support. Such
support may include, as requested:
Identifying a point of contact at the site of the investigation.
Providing a meeting room that will accommodate investigative requirements and
(c) Contacting and scheduling appointments with witnesses.
(d) Providing assistance in collection of relevance documentation, including official personnel folders.