Passive Voice :
อย่างไรก็ดี หลักโดยละเอียดในการเปลี่ยน Active Voice ให้เป็น Passive Voice นั้น ให้ศึกษาได้จากตารางต่อไปนี้
ใน Tense ต่าง ๆ
1. Present Simple
- The teacher punishes the boy.
- Do you always laugh at him?
is , am , are +V3
- The boy is punished by the teacher.
- Is he always laughed at by you ?
2. Present Continuous
- The painters are painting our house.
- Are the students doing the exercise?
is , am , are + being +V3
- Our house is being painted by the painters.
- Are the exercises being done by the students?
3. Present Perfect
- They have built a new hotel.
- Has the boy caught a bird?
has , have + being +V3
- A new hotel has been built by them.
- Has a bird been caught by the boy ?
4. Past Simple
- My sister wrote a letter.
- Did the servant polish Tom’s shoes?
was , were +V3
- A letter was written by my sister.
- Were Tom’s shoes polished by the servant?
5. Past Continuous
- While Jane was introducing me, the telephone rang.
- Weren’t they digging this hole when you went past yesterday?
was , were + being +V3
- While I was being introduced by Jane, the telephone rang.
- Wasn’t this hole being dug by them whom you went past yesterday?
6. Past Perfect
- The guests had eaten all the food.
- Had he seen you before?
had been +V3
- All the food had been eaten by the guests.
- Had you been seen by him before?