Naval Hospital Pensacola/VAGCVHCS Joint Incentive Fund (JIF) Initiatives
Panama City Consolidation
- Consolidate Navy and VA Clinics in Panama City Florida.
- Joint Dental and Pharmacy, expanded Laboratory and waiting room.
- Hire 1 VA Dentist , 1 Hygienist, 1 Phlebotomist, and 1 Lab Tech
Northwest Florida Sleep Lab Expansion
- Expand from 2 to 6 beds
- Hire 3 contract Sleep Lab techs
- Appointments for VA and DoD patients to improve access
Memphis VA MRI
- Hire a VA Radiologist
- Purchase a GE Signa HDx 1.5 MRI
- Optimize surgeries at NHP and JACC
Upgrade Medical/Surgical Staff
Evaluate Joint-use equipment
VA/DoD patients who require general anesthesia done at NHP. Ambulatory surgery cases done at JACC.
- Establish a joint Women’s Health Clinic to provide preventative services to the Navy and VA female beneficiaries in a dedicated clinic.
- Work group being established to evaluate the need for a joint ER service.