Material Safety Data Sheet
Printing Date 12/04/2006
acc. to ISO/DIS 11014 Revision Number 5
Reviewed on 06/23/2004
Trade name: DC12176 SILAPRENE SOLIDSEAL
(Contd. of page 1)
· After swallowing: Seek medical treatment.
5 Fire fighting measures
· Suitable extinguishing agents: CO2, extinguishing powder or water spray. Fight larger fires with water spray or alcohol resistant foam. · Protective equipment: Wear self-contained respiatory protective device.
6 Accidental release measures · Person-related safety precautions: Keep away from ignition sources · Measures for environmental protection: Do not allow to enter sewers/ surface or ground water. · Measures for cleaning/collecting: Absorb with liquid-binding material (sand, diatomite, acid binders, universal binders, sawdust). Dispose of contaminated material as waste in accordance with federal state and local regulations. Ensure adequate ventilation.
7 Handling and storage
· Handling: · Information for safe handling: Ensure good ventilation/exhaustion at the workplace. · Information about protection against explosions and fires: Keep ignition sources away - Do not smoke.
· Storage: · Requirements to be met by storerooms and receptacles: Store in a cool location away from direct heat. · Information about storage in one common storage facility: Not required. · Further information about storage conditions: None.
8 Exposure controls and personal protection · Additional information about design of technical systems: No further data; see item 7. · Components with limit values that require monitoring at the workplace: 1330-20-7 xylene
PEL 435 mg/m³, 100 ppm REL Short-term value: 655 mg/m³, 150 ppm Long-term value: 435 mg/m³, 100 ppm (o-, m-, & p-isomers) TLV Short-term value: 651 mg/m³, 150 ppm Long-term value: 434 mg/m³, 100 ppm BEI
101-68-8 4,4'-methylenediphenyl diisocyanate
PEL Short-term value: C 0.2 mg/m³, C 0.02 ppm REL Short-term value: C 0.2* mg/m³, C 0.02* ppm
Long-term value: 0.05 mg/m³, 0.005 ppm *10-min TLV 0.051 mg/m³, 0.005 ppm
· Additional information: The lists that were valid during the creation were used as basis.
· Personal protective equipment (see listings below) · General protective and hygienic measures: Keep away from foodstuffs, beverages and feed.
(Contd. on page 3)