59. Factor .
60. Factor .
61. Factor .
62. Factor .
63. The base of a triangle is (2x+6) ft. and the height is (x-8) ft. Find the area of the
triangle in terms of the variable x.
64. Factor by grouping.
[Show your work, don’t just give the answer.]
65. Solve for x, .
66. Solve for a, .
67. Solve for y, .
68. Solve for y, .
69. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers is sixty one.
Find the two integers. [Set up the equation, find the solution, and present the
70. Find all integers k such that can be factored over the integers.
71. Write the number 2,3700,000 in scientific notation.
72. Write 0.0000000196 in scientific notation.
73. Use the formula , where h is the height in feet an object will
attain(neglecting air resistance) in t seconds and v is the initial velocity in feet per
second. A golf ball is thrown onto a cement surface and rebounds straight up. The
initial velocity of the rebound is 96 ft/sec. How many seconds later will the golf ball
return to the ground?
75. What polynomial must be added to
so that the sum is ?
77. Find if [Solve the equation first.]
78. Simplify. .