100. Working together, Pat and Chris can complete a job in 6 hours. Working along, Pat can reseal the driveway in 15 hours. How long would it take Chris, working along, to reseal the driveway?
Part of the job completed
105. Solve. [By taking square roots.]
106. Solve and check,
107. The hypotenuse of a right triangle measures 20 in. One leg of the triangle measures
16 in. Find the length of the other leg of the triangle. (Show your work.)
108. Use the quadratic formula to solve . (Give your answer in exact simplified form.)
109. A basketball player shoots at a basket 25 ft away. The height h of the ball above the ground at time t is given by . How many seconds after the ball is released does it reach 4 ft above the ground? (Hint: use h = 4 in the equation.)
Round your answer to the nearest tenth. (Use the quadratic formula)
110. A motorcycle traveled 150 miles at a constant rate before decreasing the speed by 15 mph. Another 35 miles was driven at the decreased speed. The total time for the 185-mile trip was 4 hours. Find the cyclist’s rate during the first 150 miles.