37. A bicycling club rides out into the country at a speed of 15 mph and
returns over the same road at 12 mph. How far does the club ride out into the country if it travels a total of 9 hours?
38. The width of the rectangular foundation of a building is 30% of the
length. The perimeter of the foundation is 338 ft. Find the length and width of the foundation.
39. Find the slope of the line that contains the points ( 9, 8) and ( 2, 1).
40. Find the x-intercept and y-intercept of the graph of the equation for
3x 2y = 24.
41. Find the ordered-pair solution of y = 4x + 1 that corresponds to x = 9.
42. of advertising time during selected Super Bowl games.
Price = the price of 30 seconds advertising time.
Find the average rate of change per year in the price of 30 seconds of
advertising time from 1976 to 1996. Round to the nearest thousand.
(b) Use one sentence to present your answer.
43. Find the equation of the line that contains the point ( 5, 7) and has slope
. Use the slope-intercept form to find the equation.
44. Find the equation of the line that contains the points ( 2, 1) and (4,5).
Use the point-slope form to find the equation.