X hits on this document

PDF document






8 / 10

Margot and Mark Croxford recently met with Adrian Piccoli, Nationals Deputy Leader and Shadow Eduction spokesman, and the opposition, if they were to be successful in government in New South Wales in 2011, made a commitment to roll early childhood development into the education portfolio so that there is consistency over the various levels of education. It was suggested that they also write to Adrian and explain their situation.

Margot then went on to explain about the development of The Poplars. (see item 9.2 General Business)

ACTION: Margot will contact Ken Ineson from Village Building Co. to ascertain whether a preschool could be included as part of the infrastructure on The Poplars.

ACTION: This item to be included on the Agenda for our next meeting with the Mayor.

Margot thanked David and Kay for attending our meeting.

  • 9.


    • 9.1

      Jerrabomberra Village Shops carpark - Update

A couple of weeks ago new directional arrows were painted on the ground in the car park and speed signs installed however, it was interesting to note that no one knew that this was to happen. We contacted Susanne Scott at Macquarie Real Estate Management Services (MREMS) who requested that we put a small article in the July Newsletter advising residents of the changes, which has been done.

We have had a number of emails querying why the traffic is not funnelled away from the centre rather than how it has been done. JRA committee members have witnessed drivers ignoring the arrows and causing a great deal of confusion in the car park.

We contacted Gary Merryweather at Queanbeyan Police to see whether they could enforce the new traffic arrangements but we were advised that as it isn’t a designated car park it is out of their control.

JRA member P.Haddon forwarded an email about his experiences in the car park and this was then forwarded on to Susanne Scott and also Anthony Dalgleish, the regional manager of Woolworths. Susanne replied promptly to Mr Haddon’s concerns and the JRA will meet with Susanne once the July Newsletter has been circulated.

9.2 Community Facilities Meeting Local community groups met on Monday 30 June with Ken Ineson, VBC, and David Maxwell, Riverview Group, regarding community facilities on The Poplars, an area comprising 46 hectares of land. This land falls under the Airport’s ANEF 20 and is therefore not suitable for schools or housing but is suitable for community facilities such as a scout hall, aquatic centre, sports facilities, church etc.


Document info
Document views17
Page views17
Page last viewedSat Oct 22 06:00:13 UTC 2016