X hits on this document

PDF document






9 / 10

The aim of the meeting was to liaise with the leaders of the local community bodies and take on board the needs and wishes of their respective groups. They will be workshopping with each individual group to get more focus on what should be built on the community land before they go out to public exhibition - they want to detail what facilities will go where on The Poplars.

9.3 Traffic Study Submission Jon Hawkins has produced the first draft and Margot will include her comments and then email it to committee members for their input. Margot will also draw up a draft letter to NSW Planning Minister, Kristina Keneally, expressing our concerns.

Brian is organising a meeting with Steve Whan in the next 7 days and he and Margot will speak to him in regard to the traffic study.

ACTION: Margot to write to Kristina Keneally ACTION: Brian to organise a meeting with Steve Whan

9.4 Next Meeting – Tim Overall It was agreed that a list of issues should be compiled for Tim Overall to address at next month’s meeting on 19 August 2009.

ACTION: Compile a list of issues for Tim Overall.

    • 9.5

      Airport Matters

      • 9.5.1

        Canberra Airport Consultative Forum - Margot advised that she will be

attending the Canberra Airport Consultative Forum (CACF) tomorrow night 18 July 2009 and noted that the Terms of Reference have, once again, been changed to turn it from a community consultative forum to a business group with a handful of community groups. Margot intends to voice her displeasure at this move.

Brian advised that 2 members from C4C have also been invited to be part of this forum.

9.5.2 Airport Planning Submission – Margot will draft up a submission in this regard and Brian will also add some comments.

ACTION: Brian and Margot to draft a submission.

9.6 Chronicle Article – Margot asked for suggestions for her next Chronicle article and it was agreed that she should write about the traffic study meeting that was held last night (Tuesday 16 July). It was suggested that she demonstrate the overwhelming support of the community for Dunns Creek Road to be planned and that it is consistent with the approach the JRA has been promoting. The JRA will be seeking the community’s ongoing support that the Council does not push through its preferred, short-term fix option at the expense of long-term community planning.

Kim Howatson suggested that Margot do her August article on Bendigo Bank and the opportunity for community facilities to benefit from a Jerrabomberra branch.


Document info
Document views22
Page views22
Page last viewedWed Oct 26 08:05:15 UTC 2016