17th January 2006
NON MATERIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
The Occupiers of 1 - 48 Maple Street, 1 - 44 Beech Street, 4, 5 & 7 Elm Road, 1 – 8 Cedar Road, 1 – 15 (odds) and 2 – 40 (evens) Lime Street, 52 – 64 (evens) Laburnum Crescent, 117 Duke Street and Barrow Borough Cemetery, Devonshire Road, Barrow-in-Furness all informed.
“With reference to the above, I accept that improvements have been made to the previous application though there are still issues that need clarification. I would be grateful if you would consider the following points:-
1. The garage size appears ok but it is unclear how much parking has been provided for each property. Is the space adjacent to each garage to be reserved for parking?
2. The standard condition relating to the quality of construction should be attached and this will stress the need for the carriageway to be resurfaced and street lighting to be provided / upgraded along Elm Road.
3. The plans do not give details for the provision of surface water drainage though I assume that this could be covered in 2, above.
4. My main concern with the application at present is the location of the two properties at the Northern end of the development, plots 13 and 14. Currently, there is woefully inadequate forward visibility around this bend and I can foresee problems with access, priority and safety. Consideration should be given to improving the layout at this end of the development and perhaps closing off Elm Road and providing a turning head facility just north of the proposed plot 12. The main access to and from the site would therefore be via Beech Street and Maple Street.
5. A stage 2 safety audit should be provided as part of any amended submission, which should be carried out by suitably qualified personnel, independent of the scheme designers.
Please let me know if you require any further information or if you feel that a meeting is required”.
Page 7 of 25