33. Questioning existing rules and/or work procedures, even if it means “rocking the
34. Relying on the existing work processes and procedures when it
comes to completing his/her job responsibilities.
Organizational Culture (adapted from Cameron & Quinn, 1999).
Rating format: (1= strongly disagree; 2= disagree; 3=somewhat disagree; 4= neither
agree nor disagree; 5=somewhat agree; 6=agree; 7=strongly agree).
N o t e : T h r o u g h o u t t h e s u r v e y y o u w i l l s e e t h e t e r m “ o r g a n i z a t i o n . ” W h e n y o u s e e t h i s
term, please think of the highest level (e.g., work unit, division, department, directorate)
within your overall organization that is most meaningful to you in terms of how you
experience your organization’s culture.
Please respond to the following statements in terms of the degree to which they
accurately reflect your organization’s culture, as it currently exists.
1. This organization is a very personal place. It is like an extended family. People seem
to feel comfortable sharing their personal situations with colleagues.
2. The management style in this organization is characterized by teamwork, consensus,
3. The “glue” that holds this organization together is loyalty and mutual trust.
Commitment to this organization runs high.
4. This organization emphasizes personal and professional development. There is a
strong focus on developing skills and providing interesting work opportunities.