mined from the rider’s position.
1. Make certain the motorcycle is securely positioned for this installation. Cover the front fender with a protective cloth to avoid scratches.
2. Move Turn signals: Remove the clamp screws from the front trunsignals, the clamps will come off (hex key wrench, 5mm).
3. Position the turn signals below the lower triple-clamp.
4. Reinstall the clamps and screws. Verify that the turn signals are located symmetrically and pointed forward.
5. Tighten the screws to 5 ft/lbs.
1. Mount the Light Bar Assembly: Remove the nuts from the screws that hold the headlight to the lower triple-clamp. B (12mm Wrench and 12mm Socket)
2. Remove the screws.
3. Position the Lightbar center bracket between the headlight mounting bracket and the lower triple-clamp.
4. Reinstall the original screws through the headlight mounting bracket, the lightbar center bracket and the lower triple-clamp.
5. Reinstall the nuts and tighten to 15 ft/lbs.
6. Wire the Light Bar Assembly: Remove the headlight and rim from the headlight shell (Screwdriver) by removing the
upper screws inside the rim. tom.
The rim is hooked at the bot-
7. Route the wire from the Lightbar over the lower triple-clamp and into the headlight shell through the hole in the rear of the shell.
8. Follow the wires from the headlamp back to where the har- ness splits into four wire groups. The shortest wire group goes to a black six-pin connector with five wires in it.
9. Attach to the white wire for spotlight operation with lo-beam, attaching to the blue wire will provide spotlight operation with the hi-beam (Wire Connectors and Slip Joint Pliers.)
10. Test the lights by turning the ignition switch to on. The spotlights should illuminate when the headlight is at lo-beam. The spotlights will go out when the headlight is switched to hi- beam.
11. Reinstall the headlight and rim.
After wiring the light bar check for clearance. Make sure the wires can not get pinched when the fork is turned to a full fork lock left and right.
NOTE: Check local regulations for proper passing lamp operation. Some states require passing lamps be lit only with hi-beam.
INSTALLATION AND OWNER’S MANUAL N942 LIGHT BAR for HONDA® VTX 1800 Motorcycle
Description Lightbar Assembly, N942 Wire Connectors
Qty. 1 1
5mm Hex Key
#2 Phillips Screwdriver Slip Joint Pliers
12mm Deep Socket
Wire From Light Bar Insert To Stop.
Light Bar Wire
Blue Wire with White Stripe
Position light bar center bracket between headlight mounting bracket and lower triple clamp.
Relocate turn sig- nals to below the lower triple clamp
Page 1 of 2