1925 the road from Cascade, Warm Lake, Pen Basin, Deadwood was extended through to Bear Valley.
1924-1926 Warm Lake hotel lessee Clark and Beulah Cox packed fishermen and hunters. Cox book.
1925 the road was constructed from Knox down the South Fork of the Salmon River.
1927 Yellowpine was a wilderness; by the end of 1931 it was a modern busy mining community. History Of The Boise National Forest, p15.
1928 the road was constructed up the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon River.
Around 1928 Pop Mashburn hauled bags of cement from Warm Lake to Deadwood by dog sled. Indians raised him. He had a cabin on lot 62 on the west side of Warm Lake, now the Hunter cabin. Morford notes
1929 Benjamin H. Seward bought the Drake property at Knox. He operated a lode mine on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River and headquartered his outfitting operation at Knox. His lodge burned down in the early 1930’s. He and assistant Frank Forbes constructed a new (the existing) lodge in 1934-35. In the winter Seward delivered the mail to Yellowpine by dogsled. He sold out in 1946.
1929-1931 Deadwood Dam was built and all supplies were railed to Cascade and trucked via Warm Lake and Landmark to Deadwood. They used Coleman trucks from a Montana dam project to haul the cement. Source: Lonesome Whistle by Duane Peterson 1998
1930, April 12 census of Valley County, Bernard precinct, at Warm Lake listed Seaweards, Bob Barr, Wm. & Mary Kesler, Earl Hall, Albert Bostwick and apparently others that were working on the Deadwood Dam. The Kesler’s were listed as owners of a roadhouse.
1931, Oct.3 Mary L. “Molly” Kesler vs. C. S. Jones case went to the Idaho Supreme court and was remanded to the District Court of the Seventh Judicial District, in and for Valley County for retrial. Molly was awarded $40.00 and cost of the suit for the value of the fox pelt. They had raised foxes at Warm Lake for a period of time.
1933 Sylvester Kinney and the Gordon Blinn’s built the first cabins on the west side of the lake. The size of the Kinney cabin was 16’ by 20’ and is now the Gill/Foster cabin, lot 30. Charlie Gill and Jack Nickolis from the Kinney’s and Gordon Blinn and son Herbert Blinn built their cabins at the same time. They teamed-up and worked one day on one cabin and the next day on the other. Ruth Kinney Gill cooked for them in a tent. The Blinn’s cabin is now the Adolphson cabin, lot 29. Gill/Foster oral history