1. Coaches must maintain self-control at all times while representing your team, school, and you community.
2. Game quarters will be six minutes. For the first five minutes, the clock will be stopped only for time-outs, free throws, and necessary delays. The last minute of each quarter and overtime will be regular play with the clock stopping at each whistle.
3. Five minutes between halves will be permitted.
4. Ten minutes between games will be permitted for warm-ups.
5. Three minute overtime. Again, during the first two minutes, the clock will be stopped only for time-outs, free throws, and necessary delays. The last minute of overtime will be regular play with the clock stopping at each whistle.
6. All field goals will be counted as two points, even beyond the regulation three point line.
7. Full court press will only be allowed during the 4th quarter and overtime period(s).
8. Two full time-outs and one half time-out for both teams, per game. One extra full time-out will be awarded to both teams for each overtime period.
9. The free throw line may be at the 12 foot mark for those players who are not strong enough to shoot a free throw from the regulation 15 foot line. Each player will have the choice to shoot from either the 15 foot or 12 foot line. Only the 12 foot line free throw will have the “over the line” violation apply.
10. Player can play up to six quarters per night.
11. Students must maintain academic eligibility in accordance with the School Board and Athletic Code Policy. A weekly grade report will be kept on all student-athletes while in their season of play.
12. A Vienna Elementary School District #55 student-athlete that is repeating a year’s work is ineligible to play in the 5th and 6th grade Massac Conference games.
13. The VGS 5th and 6th grade basketball season begins with the 6th grade boys and girls basketball jamboree at the end of January and runs until the end of the 6th grade conference tournament. No student-athlete may participate on any other team of the same sport during the course of the regular season.
14. No 6th graders can play on the 5th grade team. No 7th or 8th graders can play on the 5th or 6th grade teams. No 4th grade student may play games on the 5th or 6th grade teams.
15. No student can play on more than two levels or teams representing their home school in the course of the school year.
16. Student’s age and team placement will be determined according to the Board Policy addressing the ages of the athletes.
17. The home team will be responsible for keeping the official game book.
18. All schools should check with the opposing team on uniform colors and the number of games to be played before each game night.
19. Game schedule for game night: (times may vary from school to school)
A) 5:30 p.m. - 5th grade girls will play two quarters
B) 6:00 p.m. - 5th grade boys will play two quarters
C) 6:30 p.m. - 6th grade girls will play a full 4-quarter game
D) 7:30 p.m. - 6th grade boys will play a full 4-quarter game
*In the event the 5th grade girls do not have enough 5th grade girls to play, the 5th grade boys will play a full
*Likewise, in the event the 5th grade boys do not have enough 5th grade boys to play, the 5th grade girls
will play a full 4-quarter game.