Stem and leaf plots:
This plot presents a graphical display of the data using the actual numerical values of each data point.
Constructing a Stem and Leaf Plot:
1. each measurement into two parts: the stem and the leaf.
2. the stems in a column, with a vertical line to their right.
3. For each measurement, the leaf portion in the same
4. the leaves from lowest to highest in each stem.
5. to your stem and leaf coding so that the reader can recreate the actual measurements if necessary.
See Examples 1.7 and 1.8 for examples of the construction of stem and leaf plots.
©1998 Brooks/Cole Publishing/ITP