X hits on this document





12 / 13

a gap in your pension contributions. More information can be found at http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions

Annual Leave – your entitlement to annual leave will be five or six weeks per annum depending on your previous service/incremental point, as set out in paragraphs 205-206 of the TCS.  The TCS may be viewed at http://www.nhsemployers.org/PAYANDCONTRACTS/JUNIORDOCTORSDENTISTSGPREG/Pages/DoctorsInTraining-JuniorDoctorsTermsAndConditions150908.aspx

Sick pay – entitlements are outlined in paragraph 225 of the TCS.

Notice –you will be required to give your employer and entitled to receive from them notice in accordance with paragraphs 195-196 of the TCS.

Study Leave –the employer is expected to offer study leave in accordance with paragraphs 250-254 of the TCS.  Local policy and procedure will be explained at induction.

Travel Expenses – the employer is expected to offer travel expenses in accordance with paragraphs 277-308 of the TCS for journeys incurred in performing your duties.  Local policy and procedure should be explained at induction.

Subsistence expenses – the employer is expected to offer subsistence expenses in accordance with paragraph 311 of the TCS.  Local policy and procedure should be explained at induction.

Relocation expenses – the employer will have a local policy for relocation expenses based on paragraphs 314 – 315 of the TCS and national guidance at http://www.nhsemployers.org/PAYANDCONTRACTS/JUNIORDOCTORSDENTISTSGPREG/Pages/DoctorsInTraining-JuniorDoctorsTermsAndConditions150908.aspx.  You are advised to check eligibility and confirm any entitlement with the employer before incurring any expenditure.

Pre-employment checks – all NHS employers are required to undertake pre-employment checks.  The employer will confirm their local arrangements, which are expected to be in line with national guidance at http://www.nhsemployers.org/RecruitmentAndRetention/Employment-checks/Pages/Employment-checks.aspx

Professional registration – it will be a requirement of employment that you have professional registration with the GMC for the duration of your employment. Though the post is covered by NHS Indemnity, you are strongly advised to register with the MPS for professional indemnity.

Health and Safety – all employers have a duty to protect their workers from harm.  You should be advised by the employer of local policies and procedures intended to protect your health and safety and expected to comply with these.

Disciplinary and grievance procedures – the employer will have local policies and procedures for dealing with any disciplinary concerns or grievances you may have.  They should advise you how to access these, not later than eight weeks after

Document info
Document views37
Page views37
Page last viewedWed Jan 18 21:09:41 UTC 2017