with the opening of the first state owned dormitory for men. Reuter Hall, named on behalf of former physical education instructor Hans Reuter, heartily welcomed 200 men in September
of 1958 (Quarberg, 1986). Emma Davis, a former housemother at the Cooperative House
on West Avenue, assumed that position in Reuter upon its opening.
She did a commendable job of creating a "home away from home"
for the many men who dwelled in in Reuter through the 1961-1962
the hall. Mrs.
school year and
to White Hall.
She was eventually succeeded in Reuter by Helen
Then in the Fall of 1966, Evelyn Brown took over
for one year.
to other halls
Both Mrs. Buschman and Mrs. Brown moved after serving in Reuter (Hogue, 1986).
In 1967, Sally Cemen assumed the head resident position. She wholeheartedly remained through the 1970-1971 school year.
Upon her retirement, Ron Gaber was hired as the thus breaking the succession of females who had
new head resident held that Mike Stanke, took
over head resident to the hall during
He added a
great deal of steadfastness (Koehler, 1986).
In 1975, David Aronson came aboard as the new head resident. He remained in Reuter for three years and then transferred to Laux for his fourth and final year (Koehler, 1986).
In 1979 successfully
Edwards becamE the ninth hall director.