X hits on this document

PDF document

THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-LA CROSSE - page 30 / 55

165 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

30 / 55

25

1978-1979 school year.

In 1979 Duane Oudenhoven became the next hall director

in

Baird.

He

transferred

to

Hutchison

the

following

year.

His

successor

in

Baird

was

Scott

Day.

During

the

1981-1982

school year Nannette Carini accepted the hall director

challenge (Kurinsky, 1986). In 1983, Torn Vaubel took over as the hall director

in

Baird

Hall.

He

remained

through

the

Spring

semester

of

1984.

In

the

Fall

of

1984,

Deb

Hoover

replaced

Torn

Vaubel.

However

her

stay

First

Semester.

was

Her

very

short.

replacement

She

was

resigned

at

Ross

Liesten

the

end

who

had

of

been

the Assistant Director in Coate Hall the first semester of

that

year.

He

remained

as

hall

director

through

the

1985-1986

school year.

Currently

Hoy (Kurinsky,

1986).

the

position

is

maintained

by

Annie

Baird Hall maintains the record of having the greatest

number

of

hall

directors

individuals

have

filled

in

that

its

history.

role

to

date.

A

total

of

17

Variety

has

certainly been the precedent in Baird Hall through the years.

Laux Hall

In the Fall of 1964, Laux Hall officially opened its

doors.

The

hall

was

named

for

William

Laux

who

taught

history

and languages at the University for forty years beginning in

1922.

Initially

Laux

housed

approximately

225

males

(Quarberg,

1986) .

Document info
Document views165
Page views165
Page last viewedSun Dec 11 01:13:17 UTC 2016
Pages55
Paragraphs3743
Words10570

Comments