X hits on this document

PDF document

THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-LA CROSSE - page 37 / 55

161 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

37 / 55

32

In 1982, Mary Crosby transferred from Sanford over to

Drake.

1984

she

She

was

remained

replaced

in

by

Drake

Tom

for

Kipp.

a

total

of

He

is

in

two

years.

In

his

third

and

final year as hall director (Kurinsky, 1986).

Drake has the distinction of being one of the very first

halls

to

become

coeducational

at

the

University.

Innovation

such as that has been the exception rather than the rule in

the hall through the many years of its existence.

Hutchison Hall

In September of 1967, Hutchison Hall opened to service

366

women.

who

taught

The

hall

English

at

was

the

named

for

Miss

Bessie

University

from

1909

Bell

Hutchison

to

1935.

As

with Coate and Angell Hall, Hutchison was a larger, cube

structured facility (Quarberg, 1986).

The very first head resident in Hutchison was Mrs.

Arline

Kiely.

She

remained

in

that

position

through

the

1979-1980

school

year.

During

her

time

in

Hutchison,

Mrs.

Kiely instrumented many positive contributions and maintained

a very smooth hall operation (Koehler, 1986).

1967,

Hutchison

became

a

coed

hall.

Along

came

a

new

head

resident,

Mr.

Duane

"Arnie"

Oudenhoven.

The

In

1980

two

major

changes

occured

in

Hutchison.

Firstly,

after accommodating women exclusively since its opening in

with

that

transition

fact he was male and much younger than his successor brought

forth a vigorous change in the hall atmosphere.

Document info
Document views161
Page views161
Page last viewedSat Dec 10 12:49:30 UTC 2016
Pages55
Paragraphs3743
Words10570

Comments