X hits on this document





22 / 29

* Respite Services

* Transportation Services

* Other Community Services: Adult Day Services, Home Finding Services

Contact your county MH/MR office for specific information about these services

Page 29

Appendix K: Mental Health (MH)

Banner resource information:

Phone Book Blue Pages under County - Look for local county MH/MR office Web address: www.dpw.state.pa.us/About/OMHSAS

Regional Office:

* Central (717) 705-8396

* Northeast (570) 963-4335

* Southeast (610) 313-5844

* Western (412) 565-5226

Where do I Begin

• Call the local County Office of Mental Health and Mental Retardation (MH/MR)

- The county MH/MR offices serve as a referral source. Most mental health services are delivered by contracted local provider agencies

- If experiencing mental health crisis, contact your county Crisis Intervention or go to your nearest emergency room

* The county MH/MR office determines a person's eligibility and discusses funding options, assesses the need for treatment or other services, and makes referrals to appropriate programs to fit the needs. If determined eligible, a case/care manager will be assigned, and frequency and type of contact between consumer and case/care manager will depend on need

* A case/care manager in your insurance plan may assist you to locate services

* The cost of these services will vary and may be covered by:

- Private insurance, Medical Assistance Programs through behavioral health managed care or fee-for-service, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) pays for some of these services. For eligible individuals – see page 10 of this checklist

- People who use services but are not on Medical Assistance and are without access to other insurance, will be assessed for their ability to pay for services by the county MH/MR office

- Physicians (primary doctor or psychiatrist) or psychologist may need to complete an evaluation or assessment to document medical necessity for a specific level of care or treatment

What Happens Next

* Depending on services available and your needs, the case/care manager may:

- Help you get needed insurances or benefits (ex. Social Security, Medical Assistance)

- Talk with you about your needs and goals

- At age 18, help you develop a plan to transition from the children’s service system to the adult service system (children’s services are more intensive than adult services)

- Help you arrange for and work with individuals or agencies in the community

- Attend and participate in the IEP with the permission and invitation of consumer and parent

* Youth or families should report changes in needs to case/care manager

What Types of Services are Available

* Short-term Inpatient Treatment

* Partial Hospitalization

Document info
Document views157
Page views157
Page last viewedMon Jan 23 01:10:08 UTC 2017