X hits on this document





23 / 29

* Outpatient Care

* Emergency Services

* Specialized Rehabilitation Training

* Vocational Rehabilitation

* Residential Arrangements

* Housing

Eligibility for Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services continues until the youth reaches his or her 21st birthday. An adolescent may continue in treatment in a JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations) accredited Mental Health Residential Treatment Facility program until the age of 22, as long as they are in treatment at the program prior to their 21st birthday

If a consumer is lost to their County System, they may re-enter by calling their county MH/MR their behavioral health managed care plan case/care manager, or primary care physician

Page 30

Appendix L: Children, Youth and Families (CYF)

Banner resource information:

If you have any questions please contact the appropriate CYF Regional Office:

* Central (717) 772-7702

* Northeast (570) 963-4376

* Southeast (215) 560-2825

* Western (412) 565-2339

Children Receiving Services while Living in their own Home

* Children who are living in their own home and receiving services from the County Children and Youth Agency (CCYA) or Juvenile Probation Office (JPO) will carry their health insurance coverage and receive health care services in the same manner as they did prior to receiving CCYA or JPO services

Children Receiving Services while Living in Out-of-Home Placement

* Children or youth living in out-of-home placement are in the legal custody of the county children and youth agency or under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court

* Out-of-home placement settings include: shelter homes; foster homes; group homes; supervised independent living; residential treatment facilities; child residential facilities; juvenile detention centers; and youth development centers

* When it is determined that a child needs out-of-home placement services, a family service plan and child permanency plan is completed. The ultimate goal is for the youth to have adults in their lives who have made a commitment to care for and support them to the age of maturity and beyond

* While a child or youth is in out-of-home placement, a caseworker or probation officer should work with other appropriate agencies to assist the child or family in planning for transition out of the CCYA/JPO system prior to the youth’s discharge

At the Youth’s 18th Birthday

* The youth may return to their own home

* The youth, the youth’s attorney, or the attorney who is appointed as the Guardian Ad Litem may petition the court to continue out-of-home placement services in order to complete a course of treatment or educational instruction up to age 21

Document info
Document views144
Page views144
Page last viewedThu Jan 19 07:40:30 UTC 2017