3. Verification that there is not a sustained “excessive use of force” complaint against the instructor applicant, at the time a canine was under their command, at the agency(s) where the instructor applicant obtained experience as a criminal justice officer.
(d) Breath Test Instructor Certification. A Breath Test Instructor shall be certified by the Commission to instruct the Breath Test Operator Course and Agency Inspector Course. Only certified breath test instructors shall instruct such courses.
1. Each Breath Test Instructor Certification applicant, in addition to the requirements set forth in subsection 11B-20.0014(1), F.A.C., shall:
a. Successfully complete the Breath Test Instructor Course through a training school; and
b.Possess a valid Breath Test Operator Permit and a valid Agency Inspector Permit at the time an application for breath test instructor certification is submitted. The work experience set forth in paragraph 11B-20.0014(1)(b), F.A.C., shall include three years as a breath test operator and three years as an agency inspector.
2. Individuals who hold a valid Florida Department of Law Enforcement Alcohol Testing Program Breath Test Instructor Permit and successfully completes the 2002 Breath Test Instructor Update Course, are exempt from the requirements set forth in subparagraph (3)(d)1. of this rule section. Alcohol Testing Program staff are also exempt from subparagraph (3)(d)1. of this rule section.
Specific Authority 943.03(4), 943.12(1), 943.14(3) FS. Law Implemented 943.12(3), (9), 943.13 (6), 943.14(3) FS. History–New 7-29-01, Amended 11-5-02, 11-30-04, 3-27-06, 3-21-07.
11B-20.0016 Inspection of Instructor Certification Applications.
(1) For instructor applicants who have not been certified by the Commission and who have met the certification requirements set forth in Rules 11B-20.001 and 11B-20.0014, F.A.C., the employing training center director, agency administrator, or designee shall:
(a) Collect the Instructor Certification Application form CJSTC-71 and document the instructor’s professional expertise, pursuant with Rules 11B-20.001 and 11B-20.0014, F.A.C., for the specific certification being requested. Form CJSTC-71 and other documentation shall be maintained in the instructor’s training file at the training school or agency.
(b) Sign the instructor application after the instructor applicant has completed a satisfactory internship.
(c) Electronically transmit the information to Commission staff on an Instructor Certification Application form CJSTC-71, through the Commission’s ATMS.
(2) If the instructor applicant’s file at the training school or agency contains missing or deficient documentation, the instructor applicant and the training school or agency shall be notified of such documentation on the Instructor Certification Deficiency Notification, form CJSTC-271, revised May 6, 2004, hereby incorporated by reference.
(3) – (4) No change.
Specific Authority 120.60(1), 943.03(4), 943.12(1), 943.14(3) FS. Law Implemented 120.60(1), 943.12(3), (9), 943.14(3) FS. .
11B-20.0017 Maintenance and Duration of Instructor Certifications.
Documentation for instructors shall be maintained in the instructor’s file at the respective training school or agency. Additionally, the training school or agency shall submit or transmit to Commission staff, through the Commission’s ATMS,