(1) Certification or Reactivation of Certification. Prior to submitting an application for certification or reactivation of certification for a law enforcement, correctional, or correctional probation officer, the employing agency shall collect and verify documents establishing that an applicant has complied with the requirements of Section 943.13, F.S. Verified documents shall be maintained in the officer’s training file at the employing agency. The following documents are required for verification of an applicant’s compliance with this rule section:
(a) – (c) No change.
(d) A Physician’s Assessment, form CJSTC-75, revised August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference, or an equivalent form signed by a physician, certified advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant licensed in the United States or its territories, verifying the applicant’s fitness to perform the duties of an officer pursuant to Section 943.13(6), F.S. A copy of the officer’s position description shall be reviewed by the physician to ensure that the applicant can meet the physical standards required of the position. A Patient Information, form CJSTC-75A, revised May 6, 2004, hereby incorporated by reference, may also be provided to the examining physician, certified advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant for reference. The completed and signed CJSTC-75 form or equivalent, shall be completed with each new employment or appointment of an officer, and shall not be completed more than one year prior to an officer’s employment or appointment. A CJSTC-75 form prepared for a specific employing agency shall not be used by any other employing agency.
(e) No change.
(f) An Affidavit of Applicant, form CJSTC-68, revised August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference, executed by the applicant attesting that the applicant complies with the employment or appointment qualifications pursuant to Sections 943.13(1)-(10), F.S.
(g) – (h) No change.
(2) The employing agency head is required, within 30 days of hire, to submit to Commission staff or electronically transmit through the Commission’s Automated Training Management System (ATMS), and maintain in file a Registration of Employment Affidavit of Compliance, form CJSTC-60, revised February 7, 2002, hereby incorporated by reference, attesting to compliance by the employing agency with the following requirements:
(a) For law enforcement, correctional, and correctional probation officer applicants who have not been previously certified and who have complied with the certification requirements pursuant to Section 943.13(1)-(10), F.S., the employing agency shall certify to the Commission that the applicant is eligible for certification by submitting to Commission staff or electronically transmitting through the Commission’s Automated Training Management System (ATMS), a completed Officer Certification Application, form CJSTC-59, revised February 7, 2002, hereby incorporated by reference, within 30 days of the applicant’s compliance with the certification requirements. Upon receipt of an Officer Certification Application Deficiency Notification, form CJSTC-259, revised May 5, 2005, the employing agency shall maintain on file, a copy of form CJSTC-59 and any other employment documentation. The employing agency shall submit a copy of form CJSTC-259 and the missing or deficient documentation to Commission staff within 90 days of the date the form was signed and issued to the agency. Failure by the employing agency to submit missing or deficient documentation within the required 90 days may result in denial of an applicant’s request for certification. An officer applicant shall not work as a sworn officer prior to meeting the requirements of Sections 943.13 and 943.131, F.S.
(b) Name changes shall be verified by the employing agency through verification of information on legal documents such as a marriage license or official name change documents. To document an officer’s name change, a completed Name Change Application, form CJSTC-79, revised February 7, 2002, hereby incorporated by reference, and a copy of supporting documentation shall be submitted to Commission staff.
(3) Employment requirements pursuant to Sections 943.13, F.S., shall be documented on an Agency New Hire Report, form CJSTC-207, revised February 7, 2002, hereby incorporated by reference.
(a) The files of newly hired officers are subject to an on-site inspection by Commission staff to ensure compliance with the requirements of Chapter 943, F.S., and Rule Chapter 11B-27, F.A.C. The following documents shall be reviewed for completeness:
1. No change.
2. An Employment Background Investigative Report, form CJSTC-77, revised February 7, 2002, hereby incorporated by reference.
3. No change.
4. A Temporary Employment Authorization Statement, form CJSTC-65, revised February 7, 2002, hereby incorporated by reference.
5. – 8. No change.
9. A current military identification or the most recently issued Military Status DD 214 form.
10. A Civil Applicant Response form or response from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Certified Mail Application (Live Scan), with