11B-27.00212 Maintenance of Officer Certification.
(1) – (3) No change.
(4) Continuing education or training pursuant to Section 943.135, F.S. Upon an officer’s completion of the required continuing education or training the employing agency shall submit or electronically transmit to Commission staff through the Commission’s ATMS, a completed Mandatory Retraining Report, form CJSTC-74, revised August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference.
(5) No change.
(a) – (c) No change.
(d) Discriminatory Profiling and Professional Traffic Stops pursuant to Section 943.1758, F.S. Human Diversity In-Service Training for Discriminatory Profiling and Professional Traffic Stops Course, pursuant to paragraph 11B-35.007(4)(h), F.A.C., or IPTM’s Safe and Legal Traffic Stops Course, shall be used to satisfy all or a portion of an officer’s continuing training requirements for human diversity training. Certified law enforcement officers who elect to instruct Discriminatory Profiling and Professional Traffic Stops may substitute completion or instruction of this training to satisfy the officer’s continuing training requirement.
(6) Failure to comply with statutorily required continuing education or training. In the event that an officer fails to meet the continuing education or training requirements of Section 943.135, F.S., the officer’s certificate shall become inactive until the employing agency provides documentation to Commission staff establishing that the continuing education or training requirements have been satisfied. The Commission’s ATMS shall separate an officer from employment if the Mandatory Retraining Report form CJSTC-74, is not received by the June 30th deadline pursuant to subsection (1) of this rule section.
(7) Individuals who have been separated from an employing agency as an officer for less than four years, and whose certification is inactive for failing to complete the required hours for mandatory training, shall complete the continuing education and training requirements prior to resuming active service with an agency. An officer who requests to claim continuing education and training that was completed during a period when the officer’s certification was inactive, shall request approval from the agency head of the prospective employing agency and provide proof that the required continuing education and training was completed. The employing agency shall determine if the education or training requirements have been satisfied pursuant to Section 943.135, F.S., and shall submit to Commission staff, or electronically transmit through the Commission’s ATMS, a completed Mandatory Retraining Report form CJSTC-74.
(8) – (12) No change.
(a) No change.
1. – 3. No change.
(b) No change.
1. – 3. No change.
(13) Use-of-Force training. An officer, whose mandatory retraining cycle begins on July 1, 2005 or thereafter, shall, as a part of the officer’s 40-hour continuing education or training every four years, be required to complete the following Use-of-Force training.
(a) Use-of-Force training shall include the following topics of instruction:
1. – 2. No change.
3. Less-lethal Use-of-Force Matrix and less-lethal force options available within the agency.
4. – 5. No change.
(b) – (h) No change.
(14) Law Enforcement Officer Firearms Qualification Standard. Beginning July 1, 2006, a law enforcement officer shall be required to qualify on the Commission’s approved course of fire with the proficiency skills documented on the Law Enforcement Officer Firearms Qualification Standard, form CJSTC-86A, revised November 8, 2007 August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference, and maintained in the officer’s employment file.
(a) No change.
(b) Reporting of the compliance with this standard shall be June 30, 2008, and every two years thereafter. Documentation supporting the demonstration of proficiency skills shall be reported on the Mandatory Firearms Training Report, form CJSTC-86, revised November 8, 2007 August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference, and maintained in the officer’s employment file. The employing agency shall submit or electronically transmit to Commission staff through the Commission’s ATMS, a completed form CJSTC-86.
(c) – (d) No change.
Specific Authority 943.03(4), 943.12(1) FS. Law Implemented 943.12, 943.13(11), 943.135, 943.1395(3), 943.1701, 943.1715, 943.1716, 943.253 FS. History–New, 11-5-02. Amended 12-3-03, 11-30-04, 3-27-06, 3-21-07. Editorial Note: See 11B-27.0023, F.A.C.
11B-27.00213 Temporary Employment Authorization.