(1) No change.
(2) An applicant who has been scheduled to take the SOCE shall arrive at the scheduled examination site on the designated date and time, and shall present the following documentation to the examination administrator:
(a) – (b) No change.
(c) SOCE requirements for out-of-state, military, or federal officers or inactive Florida officers. Such officers, pursuant to subsection and 11B-35.009(6), F.A.C., who request to take the SOCE, shall submit to Commission staff, form CJSTC-517, as record of demonstration of proficiency in the required High-Liability Basic Recruit Training Courses. Documentation of completed training is permitted to be submitted prior to the SOCE date pursuant to Rule 11B-30.007, F.A.C., or presented to the examination administrator on the day of testing.
(3) An applicant shall not be admitted to the examination administration site after the examination administrator closes the registration process door to the examination site is closed. Re-scheduling of the SOCE, pursuant to this rule section, does not constitute a re-examination, pursuant to Section 943.1397, F.S. Individuals arriving late shall comply with Rule 11B-30.007, F.A.C., when rescheduling the SOCE.
(4) No change.
Specific Authority 943.03(4), 943.12(1), (17) FS. Law Implemented 943.12(17), 943.131(2), FS. History–New 1-10-94, Amended 8-7-94, 1-2-97, 7-7-99, 8-22-00, 7-29-01, 11-5-02, 11-30-04, 3-21-07.
11B-30.012 Post Review of Examination Questions, Answers, Papers, Grades, and Grading Key.
(1) Individuals who have failed the State Officer Certification Examination (SOCE) shall have the right to review their missed examination items and corresponding grading key by submitting a State Officer Certification Examination Grade Review Request, form CJSTC-510, revised August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference,and shall be received by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement by the established deadline date for the Examination Review Session requested.
(2) The SOCE grade reviews shall be conducted in the presence of Commission staff at a regularly scheduled monthly Examination Review Session conducted at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice Professionalism Program. The SOCE grade review schedule is produced annually and is available at Commission-certified training schools, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s (FDLE) website at http://www.fdle.state.fl.us, or from FDLE, Criminal Justice Professionalism Program, Post Office Box 1489, Tallahassee, Florida 32302, Attention SOCE Section. Individuals shall review their SOCE grades within 120 calendar days of the individual’s SOCE date. Individuals who fail to attend a grade review within 120 days of their SOCE shall not be allowed to file a challenge, but shall be allowed to review the SOCE results. Participants in the Examination Review Session shall be permitted to review only one examination for each session and shall only review each examination once. Individuals shall not be permitted to review their SOCE after the expiration of their examination eligibility pursuant to Rule 11B-30.006, F.A.C.
(a) The provisions and sanctions of Rule 11B-30.009, F.A.C., shall apply to individuals in an Examination Review Session. In addition, any individual who violates the standards in Rule 11B-30.009, F.A.C., shall be dismissed from the Examination Review Session.
(b) Individuals requesting a grade review shall be provided with the SOCE test results and the State Officer Certification Examination Review, form CJSTC-511, revised August 3, 2006, hereby incorporated by reference. Form CJSTC-511 shall be signed by the individual requesting the review at the conclusion of an Examination Review Session. Only individuals scheduled for the Examination Review Session shall be present during an Examination Review Session.
(c) Prior to an Examination Review Session, all individuals shall acknowledge receipt of these rules and affirm to abide by all such rules in writing.
(3) Individuals shall be prohibited from bringing materials into or removing materials from an Examination Review Session.
(4) Individuals participating in an examination review session shall be notified in writing, within thirty working days of the examination review date, of the results of the Commission’s evaluation of the individual’s concerns reported during the Examination Review Session.
Specific Authority 943.03(4), 943.12(1), (17) FS. Law Implemented 943.12(17), 943.173 FS. History–New 1-10-94, Amended 1-2-97, 7-7-99, 8-22-00, 7-29-01, 11-5-02, 11-30-04, 3-27-06, 3-21-07.