(16) Council Funding Documentation.
(a) Agencies receiving drug control funding under this section shall provide a written quarterly report of expenditures of Council funds and of the progress of the investigative effort. The report shall be prepared in consultation with the Regional Drug Enforcement Coordinating Team and submitted by that Team through the IFS for compilation and presentation to the Council at a quarterly meeting. Form FDLE/IFS-004A, Drug Control Quarterly Report, revised 08/01/06, incorporated by reference, shall be utilized to make the report. In addition, the Council may require oral progress reports to be made at Council meetings by a representative of the Regional Drug Enforcement Coordinating Team or a designee of the lead investigative agency in a funded investigative effort. Agencies receiving Drug Control funding after September 1, 2005, shall utilize FDLE/IFS-004B, Drug Control Bi-Annual Report, revised 08/01/06, hereby incorporated by reference.
(b) Agencies receiving Council funding shall retain documentation supporting the amounts and purposes of expenditures made from Council funds, the amounts and purposes of expenditure of agency match funds, the performance and accomplishments of the investigative efforts, and shall make these available to the Council upon request. With regard to agency personnel assigned to investigative efforts receiving Council funds, each agency shall retain, and make available to the Council as requested, each employee’s official time and leave records and such other documentation demonstrating the time devoted by the employee to the funded investigative effort, but these records shall not be submitted with either FDLE/IFS-004A or FDLE/IFS-004B.
(c) No change.
(17) – (18) No change.
(19) If agencies receiving Council funding fail to submit the required forms, FDLE/IFS-004A or FDLE/IFS-004B, by the stated deadline, the Council Chair in consultation with FDLE/IFS staff is authorized to request that all unexpended funds be returned within 30 days. Upon such a finding, the Agency Head of the funded agencies will be notified in writing as to the manner in which such funds must be returned. Any agency that is delinquent in submitting either form FDLE/IFS-004A or FDLE/IFS-004B by 90 or more days shall be subject to this provision.
Specific Authority 943.03(4), 943.042 FS. Law Implemented 943.031, 943.042 FS. History–New 10-25-01, Amended 12-3-03, 3-27-06, 3-21-07, _________________.
(1) No change.
(2) Upon the lead agency’s receipt of the Council award, the Agency Head and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be required to sign, date, and return the State Financial Assistance form FDLE/IFS-006, created 08/01/06 and incorporated by reference, indicating agreement to maintain the requested documentation detailing the actual funds expended during the investigations, and to provide documentation to an auditor upon request.
(3) Within 30 days of receipt of the award, the lead agency shall mail the signed State Financial Assistance form to: Florida Violent Crime and Drug Control Council, c/o Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Post Office Box 1489, Tallahassee, Florida 32302-1489.
Specific Authority 943.03(4), 943.042 FS. Law Implemented 943.031, 943.042 FS. History–New 3-10-94, Amended 10-10-95, 10-25-01, 3-21-07, __________________.
Victim/Witness Protection Program.
(1) Requests for Victim/Witness Protection funding, pursuant to Section 943.031(6), F.S., must be made using the Victim/Witness Protection Program Application, revised 08/01/06 and incorporated by reference
(2) In order to be considered for funding, completed applications shall be submitted to FDLE/IFS, at least 30 days prior to the next scheduled Violent Crime and Drug Control Council (VCDCC) meeting.
(3) Completed forms shall be mailed to: Florida Violent Crime & Drug Control Council, c/o Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Post Office Box 1489, Tallahassee, Florida 32302-1489, Attn.: Investigations and Forensic Science Program.
Specific Authority 943.03(4) FS. Law Implemented 943.031(6), 914.25 FS. History–New 12-3-03, Amended 3-27-06, 3-21-07, _______________.