Radio Familiarization – Basic Operation
The basic operation for transmit and receive is as follows:
1. The Squelch LED's are on if a valid signal has been received.
2. Upon keying the radio, the "R" character at the second from right position on the line, will change to
a "T". The character will revert to a "R" upon releasing PTT.
3. The "MAIN" and "GUARD” receive audio volumes are separately controlled.
4. In analog modes the "SQUELCH" pushbutton opens the squelch, in digital it opens upon receiving
any valid digital signal.
5. The transmit power level can be set to 1W (low) or 10W (high).