X hits on this document





43 / 69

Students may purchase a student activity ticket for admission to certain school district activities. Students interested in purchasing a yearly activity ticket need to do so at registration or contact the office.  Students not wishing to purchase an activity ticket must pay regular prices to attend school district activities.  

Adult season activity tickets may be purchases at the district central office 898-2291. Please ask for Tiena Lewis.


Legal Status of Student

If a student's legal status, such as the student's name or the student's custodial arrangement, should change during the school year, the parent or guardian must notify the school district.  The school district needs to know when these changes occur to ensure that the school district has a current student record.

Educational Records   [Student Records]

Student records containing personally identifiable information, except for directory information, are confidential.  Only persons, including employees, who have a legitimate educational interest, are allowed to access a student's records without the parent's permission. A school official is a person employed by the district as an administrator, supervisor, instructor, or support staff member (including health or medical staff law enforcement unit personnel and certain volunteers); a person serving on the school board; a person or company with whom the district has contracted to perform a special task (such as an attorney, auditor, AEA/Dept. of Ed. staff, medical consultant, or therapist); or a parent or student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee or student assistance team, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. *See FERPA Laws

Parents may access, request amendments to and copy their child's records during regular office hours.  Parents may also file a complaint with the United States Department of Education if they feel their rights regarding their child's records have been violated.  For a complete copy of the school district's policy on student records or the procedure for filing a complaint, contact the board secretary, in the central administration office.

Student directory information is released without parental permission unless the parent asks the school district not to release it.  Parents must notify the school district at the beginning of the school year if they do not want the school district to release directory information.  Directory information includes name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, degrees and awards received, most recent educational institution attended, year in school, dates of attendance, and heights and weights of athletes.

Procedures for Students Who Are Transferring To Another School

The school district transfers a student's records to a new school district upon receipt of a written request form [signed by the parent] from the new school district.  Parents are notified that they are given an opportunity to view the student's records and have a right to a hearing to challenge the content of the student's records. When a new student transfers into the school district, parents are encouraged to expedite this process [when registering] in the district offices.

Posting Of Information

Students who wish to post or distribute information must receive permission from the Principal at least three days before the posting or distribution.  This applies whether the information deals with school-sponsored or non-school sponsored activities.  The Principal can explain or answer questions regarding the school's rules on posting and distributing materials.

Document info
Document views220
Page views220
Page last viewedWed Jan 18 16:17:11 UTC 2017