X hits on this document





51 / 69

Elem. Students may be placed at the Ed. Center Program until learning goals are reached to successfully transition back into a public school. The IHCC Credit Recover Program [for HS] is an intensive attempt to salvage a student’s high school educational career. If a student is dropped from the IHCC-CRP program, IHCC will assist them in their pursuit of a GED.

Open Enrollment

Iowa's open enrollment law allows students residing in one school district to request transfer to another school district upon the parents' request.  Students wishing to open enroll to another school district must apply for open enrollment by March 1 of the school year preceding the school year in which they wish to open enroll.  June 30 is the last date for open enrollment requests for entering kindergarten students and those students falling under the "good cause" definition for the next school year.  Parents of open enrolled students whose income falls below 160% of the federal poverty guidelines are eligible for transportation assistance.  This may be in the form of actual transportation or in the form of a cash stipend.  Students interested in open enrolling out of the school district must contact the Superintendent of Schools for information and forms.

Early Graduation

Students who meet the graduation requirements set by the board prior to the end of their senior year may apply to the Principal for early graduation.  Students must apply at least one semester prior to the completion of the graduation requirements.  In order to graduate early, students must have the approval of the Superintendent and Principal and appear before the board for its approval.

**Students who graduate early become alumni of the school district and are not allowed to participate in school activities, including senior activities, except for graduation ceremonies.


Students who are in good standing and who meet the graduation requirements set by the board are allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony and in senior activities.  It is possible that students who are serving discipline at the time of the graduation ceremony or other senior activities will not be allowed to participate.  Students are not required to participate in the graduation ceremony. *Alternative school assignment provides it’s own transcript and completion certificate.

Seymour High School graduation requirements as adopted by the Seymour Board of Education on April 10, 1995, are as follows:

3 units of English (English I, English II, English III or Applied Communications)

3 units of Social Studies (World History, American History, and Government/Economics)

2 units of Mathematics

2 units of Science

1 unit of Physical Education

12 units of Electives

Total of 23 units of credit for graduation

*Seniors are to consult with Mr. Lange [guidance dept.] concerning graduation requirements at least once each semester during their senior year.

The Seymour Board of Education shall waive specific course requirements for those students enrolled in the Special Education Program.  The special education teacher, AEA personnel, parents, and Principal shall determine the curriculum for those students enrolled in the Special Education program.  The curriculum for each student shall be planned on an individual basis [FAPE].  Each student shall have on file an IEP-Individual Education Plan.

Retention of Students –* See-- Code of Iowa

Document info
Document views263
Page views263
Page last viewedTue Jan 24 14:13:11 UTC 2017