X hits on this document

PDF document

A brief history of Henderson - page 6 / 7

24 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

6 / 7

Kurtes Orchard – established 1940, Lincoln Rd, Henderson Lendrich Orchards – established 1925, Moire Rd, Massey Mazuran Vineyard & Orchard – established 1938, Lincoln Rd, Henderson Miro Orchards – established 1930, Parrs Cross Rd, Henderson Mothers Cellar – established 1964, Lincoln Rd, Henderson Nola A.C. & Sons – established 1954, Sturges Rd, Henderson Nola Wally Orchards – established 1954, Bruce McLaren Rd, Henderson Rakich, W.J. – established 1954, Metcalfe Rd, Henderson Sapich Brothers – established 1947, Forest Hill Rd, Henderson Soljan Orchard – established 1930, Lincoln Rd, Henderson Sumichs Orchard – established 1930, West Coast Rd, Glen Eden Sun Haven Orchard – established ?, Seymour Rd, Sunnyvale Sunnywest Orchards – established 1935, Forest Hill Rd, Henderson Tara Orchards – established 1940, Parrs Cross Rd, Henderson Tui Orchards – established 1940, Bruce McLaren Rd, Henderson Vela Hill Orchards – established 1950, Holdens Rd, Henderson Vodanovich T. & N. – established ?, Lincoln Rd, Henderson Ward Brothers – established 1900, Sturges Rd, Henderson

North Western Motorway Planning undertaken during the late 1950’s. Work on the motorway commenced in 1960. Construction of the bridge at the Henderson inlet, Early 1960’s, The bridge at Rosebank was completed in 1960 and the Royal Road extension bridge started in August 1960.

The motorway was widened in 1969. During this construction 160,000 yards of clay were placed in tidal areas on either side of the motorway in preparation for the widening of its lanes.

Henderson Square / WestCity The Henderson Borough Council was trying to establish a commercial centre in Henderson in 1963.The first stage of Henderson Square was built in 1968 and included a Woolworths store. The second and third stages were built in 1970. By October 1974 Henderson shopping complex was as big as LynnMall. Redevelopment of the complex and a change of name to WestCity took place in the 1996/1997. Further major redevelopment has taken place since Sept 6 2000 when the name was changed again to Westfield WestCity

Population figures for Henderson (1929-1975)

1929 1936 1951 1958 1966

1070 1140 2050 2750 5605

1975

6690

Henderson Town Board and Henderson Borough Henderson Town Board was constituted in June 1922. The Borough of Henderson was constituted as from 7 November 1946.

Document info
Document views24
Page views25
Page last viewedMon Dec 05 07:50:12 UTC 2016
Pages7
Paragraphs53
Words2710

Comments