X hits on this document





11 / 48

Transferring to a 4-Year College?

The BCC Transfer Center can help.

Barstow College offers courses that fulfill lower- division general education and major require- ments for most transfer majors. You can complete your lower-division coursework -- the first two years -- at BCC, and then transfer as a junior to a four-year university.

The Transfer and Career Planning Center offers a variety of services and resources to help you transfer to the four-year institution of your choice. (See page 26 for a listing of those servic- es.)

If you plan to transfer from BCC to another insti- tution of higher learning, you should be certain that you take courses that are transferable to the institution which you plan to attend. The BCC Catalog indicates the courses that are transfer- able. In addition, you should obtain the catalog of the transfer institution, see a counselor and ask for a copy of the current articulation agreement and visit the Transfer and Career Planning Center. The Transfer and Career Planning Center may be able to schedule a time for you to visit with a college representative from the transfer institution who makes regular visits to BCC.

If you plan to transfer, you should satisfy the fol- lowing requirements if you are to transfer with no loss of time:

  • 1.

    the admissions requirements;

  • 2.

    the lower division requirements of the par- ticular college or university in which your major is offered; and,

  • 3.

    the lower division requirements of the par- ticular major.

Since requirements change rapidly, consult a counselor often when choosing classes.


Your official source for California articulation and stu- dent transfer information...

If you are planning to transfer from a com- munity college to a University of California or a California State University, you have a tremendous amount of information to consid- er. In the past, this information was only available from the individual colleges and universities. ASSIST (Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer) is California's official statewide web-based student transfer information sys- tem which contains data about how courses taken at a California community college can be applied when transferring to a University of California or a California State University campus.

Articulation agreements between the commu- nity colleges and the UC and CSU campuses identify comparable lower division course between the two institutions. These agree- ments are designed to help students who are preparing to transfer.

ASSIST includes information such as:

  • UC and CSU transferable Courses

  • CSU GE-Breadth Certification Courses

  • IGETC Courses - Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum


Document info
Document views131
Page views131
Page last viewedFri Dec 16 15:37:11 UTC 2016