X hits on this document





26 / 48

Satisfactory Academic Progress You must make satisfactory progress toward your goal or you will lose your eligibility.

You must:

  • Complete at least 10 units if enrolled in 12 or more units

  • Complete at least 7.5 units if enrolled in 9 to

    • 11.9


  • Complete at least 6 units if enrolled in 6 to

    • 8.9


  • Complete all units if enrolled in less than 6 units.

  • Maintain a 2.0 (“C”) average

  • Complete your program within 125% of required units

Return of Title IV Funds Students who receive Title IV funds and withdraw from all their classes prior to 60% of the semester will be required to repay all or part of the federal grants that they have received. That is because students must "earn" their financial aid. Financial aid is "earned" for each day the student is enrolled during the semester. Failure to pay will result in denial of future financial aid from federal sources and a hold being placed on Barstow College accounts and records.

Contacting Financial Aid Students are urged to contact the Financial Aid Office when they register to see if they qualify for any type of financial aid. The office has all neces- sary forms and will assist students in completing them. It is the responsibility of the Financial Aid Office to ensure that you have the necessary knowledge to seek financial aid. By working together, the application procedure will be quicker and less stressful.

Students' financial aid information is available by phone at (760) 252-6868 or (877) 336-6868 or via the Internet at http://ias.barstow.cc.ca.us. For more information or assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office at (760) 252-2411 ext. 7205 or 7206.


Description of Types of Aid

Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) You may be eligible for a BOGW to pay your enrollment fee if you or your family are low income or receiving AFDC/TANF, General Assistance or SSI , even for those taking less than 6 units. You may also be eligible if the Dept. of Veterans Affairs certifies that you meet the eligibility requirements of “certain disabled veterans, dependents of certain deceased or disabled veterans” or if you are a dependent of a deceased or disabled veteran of the California National Guard. Applications and BOGW-related information are available in the Financial Aid Office.

Cal Grants The deadlines for all Cal Grant applications are March 1 and September 2nd.

Cal Grant A—The Cal Grant A program pro- vides assistance to students from low and mid- dle income families in meeting California col- lege tuition costs at four-year institutions. If you are awarded a Cal Grant A, it is held on reserve for you while you attend BCC.

Cal Grant B—The Cal Grant B program is for entering students who have not completed more than 16 units or one semester by the cut- off date and are from low income families.

Cal Grant C—For students from low income and middle income families, the Cal Grant C helps meet vocational training program costs. Selection is based on grades, vocational inter- ests, and aptitude. Cal Grant C is not available to students who are pursuing a standard four- year college program.

Federal Pell Grant Program BCC participates in the Federal Pell Grant pro- gram which provides federal grants up to a maximum of $4,000 per year for students depending upon the financial ability of the family and/or individual to contribute toward their cost of education.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) BCC participates in the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) pro- gram which provides federal grants to a maxi- mum of $400 per year for students who quali- fy.

Federal Work Study (FWS) This program allows you to work and earn money around your class schedule to help pay for your education.

Document info
Document views147
Page views147
Page last viewedFri Jan 20 10:49:31 UTC 2017