X hits on this document





36 / 48

only be given when an unforeseen emergency pre- vents you from completing work in a course. The Incomplete grade must be removed by the end of the fall semester. You will receive a final grade when the work stipulated by the instructor has been completed and evaluated or when the time limit for completing the work has passed. A peti- tion for extension of time limit may be submitted. The extension cannot be longer than one year, or over one request per class.

Withdrawal (W): This grade is assigned only if you drop the course between the 4th week and the last day of the 14th week or is dropped by the instructor during the same period.

Failure to Withdrawal (FW): Assigned for stu- dents who stop attending a course after the last date to drop.

Military Withdrawal (MW): This is assigned only for students who are members of an active or reserve military service, and who receive orders compelling a withdrawal from courses. Upon veri- fication of such orders, the "MW" grade will be assigned only if the drop occurs after the first three weeks of a semester.

Hardship Withdrawal (W): A student pleading extenuating circumstances may file a petition to have a "W" entered after the 14th week. This peti- tion is reviewed by the Registrar. If approved, a "W" is entered on the student's permanent record.

Grade Point Average Your grade point average is computed by dividing the total grade points earned by the total number of units attempted. For example, if in any given semester the number of grade points earned is 36 and the total number of units attempted is 12, then the grade point average is 3.0.

Grade Notification Grades are available approximately two weeks after the end of each term. Students may receive grades in one or more of the following ways:

  • By Phone - Call (760) 252-6868 and select the grade option.

  • By Web - Go to http://ias.barstow.cc.ca.us

  • In Person - Request an unofficial transcript in the Admissions and Records Office or from any counselor.


Transcripts A transcript is a complete list of all courses taken and grades received. Official transcripts may be requested in writing from the Admissions Office. Students need to allow up to fifteen working days to receive transcripts. The first two transcripts ever requested are free. Each additional transcript is $4.

Honors Awards Banquet Each May, recipients of various scholarships and awards are honored at a formal banquet. The newly elected members of the student senate are installed at this time, and the graduating class valedictorian and salutatorian are announced.

Scholastic Honors BCC recognizes outstanding academic achieve- ment during the fall and spring semesters. Honors are noted on student transcripts and the honor roll is published on the BCC web site. BCC also attempts to publish this information in the local newspaper.

  • Dean’s Honors List: Students who com- pleted at least six graded units of work with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.

  • President’s Honors List: Students who completed at least 12 graded units of work with a GPA of 3.75 or higher.

Document info
Document views145
Page views145
Page last viewedThu Jan 19 15:30:23 UTC 2017