17. The successful bidder will allow duly authorized representatives of the board, the Auditor General of the State of Florida, the Comptroller General of the United States, or other authorized representatives access to any books, documents, papers, and records of the bidder which are directly pertinent to this contract for the purpose of making audits, examinations, excerpts, and transcriptions.
18.Failure to file a protest within the time prescribed in Section , Florida Statutes, shall constitute a waiver of preceding under Chapter 120, Florida Statutes. All contact in this regard to be made exclusively with the purchasing department.
19.(Service bids only) Insurance required to be carried shall include:
1) The Company shall furnish proof of the following insurance to the Board by Certificate of insurance.
2) The Certificate of Insurance shall state that the Board, its members, officers, elected officials, employees, agents and volunteers are additional insureds under the policy or policies.
3) The Company shall provide Certificates of Insurance to the District’s Risk Manager at 8056 Canal St., Milton, FL, 32570 prior to the start of any work under this contract.
4) The Companies insurers shall provide thirty (30) days advance written notice via certified mail in the event of cancellation of any insurance program required by this contract.
5) All insurance policies shall be issued by companies either of the following qualifications:
6) The company must be (1) authorized by subsisting certificates of authority by the Department of Insurance of the State of Florida or (2) an eligible surplus lines insurer under Florida Statutes. In addition, the insurer must have a Best’s Rating of “A” or better and a Financial Size Category of “VI” or better according to the latest edition of Best’s Key Rating Guide, Published by A.M. Best company. Or
7) With respect only to Workers’ Compensation insurance, the company must be (1) authorized as a group self-insurer pursuant to Florida Statutes or (2) authorized as a commercial self-insurer fund pursuant to Florida Statutes.
8) Workers’ Compensation Insurance. The Company shall maintain Workers’ Compensation coverage as required by Florida Statute 440, covering all Company employees employed in connection with this contract and Employers Liability Insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence.
9) Comprehensive General Liability Insurance. The Company shall procure and maintain for the life of the contract/agreement, Comprehensive Liability Insurance, Broad Form, including Products and Completed Operations Liability. This policy shall provide coverage for death, bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage that could arise directly or indirectly form performance of the contract. The coverage must be on an occurrence form basis with minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence, combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage liability
10) Business Automobile Liability. The Company shall procure and maintain, for the life of the contract/agreement Business Automobile Liability Insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence, combined single limit for bodily injury liability and property damage liability. This coverage shall be on an “Any Auto” or “Comprehensive Form” policy. The coverage shall be on an occurrence form policy. In the event the Company does not own any vehicles, hired and non-owned coverage shall be provided in the amounts listed above.
Indemnification / Hold Harmless
1) Company shall indemnify the Santa Rosa County School Board and to the fullest extent permitted by law, protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Board, its agents, officers, elected officials, employees and volunteers from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, losses (including economic losses), and costs arising out of any actual or alleged;
2) Bodily injury, sickness, disease or death, or injury to or destruction of tangible property including the loss of use resulting there from, or any other damage or loss arising out of, or claimed to have resulted in whole or in part from any actual or alleged act or omission of the company or subcontractor, any directly or indirectly employed by any of them, or anyone for whose acts any of them may be liable in performance of the work; or
3) Violation of law, statute, ordinance, governmental administration order, rule or regulation by the company in the performance of the work; or
4) Liens, claims or actions made by the Company or any subcontractor or other party performing the work.
5) The indemnification obligations hereunder shall not be limited to any extent on the amount, type of damages, compensation or benefits payable by or for the company or any subcontractor under workers’ compensation acts, disability benefit acts, other employee benefit acts or any statutory bar.
6) Any cost or expense, including attorney’s fees, incurred by the board to enforce the contract shall be borne by the company.
Direct all insurance inquiries to Risk Management (850) 983-5007.
20.Other governmental agencies which qualify under School Board of Education Rule may purchase from this bid. This is also a joint bid with the Emerald Coast Purchasing Co-op and the Gulf Coast Purchasing Cooperative whose members may also purchase from this bid at bid prices.
21.In accordance with , funding is subject to availability of appropriated funds.
22.Vendor’s must be in compliance with the Jessica Lunsford Act. Further information is available at the following website,
NOTE: Do not return this document with bid submission.