Sep 24, 1915 Oct 8, 1915
Dec 1915 Mar 1916
Aug 1916 Oct 13, 1916
Apr 13, 1917 Jun 22, 1917
Feb 13, 1920 May 14, 1920 Jun 11, 1920
Oct 12, 1920
located on the south side of Lookout Avenue (now La Mesa Blvd.) about 80 to 100 feet east of Date Avenue. Thus the Livery shed became La Mesa’s first Fire Station.
Volunteer Fire Department created in La Mesa. The following men were appointed to the Volunteer Fire Department:
Harry L. Smith, Chief
W. Jackson, Assistant Chief
Frank Robertson, Secretary
Frank Park, Engineer
John A. Sigler Dwane Oliver Harry H. Hill
George Vanderburg appointed Assistant Chief to replace F. W. Jackson.
Board of Trustees voted to exchange chassis of present Moreland fire truck for a heavier one, a 2½ ton chassis.
H. Oliver dropped from rolls and Byron Q. R. Canon appointed in his place.
L. Smith is appointed City Marshal for the City of La Mesa.
Moreland Motor Truck Company changed chassis on fire engine.
Harry H. Hill resigns and Eugene Thomas appointed as one of the volunteer fireman.
Homer Hurlburt, Luther C. Gordon and W. B. Smith added to volunteers.
City of La Mesa adopts Ordinance #73 which prohibits the exploding of fireworks in the City.
Harry Smith resigned as City Marshal. Luther C. Gordon appointed Fire Chief. The position is still volunteer.
D. F. Park, H. Smith, C. H. Smith, Rube Levy and George Miller were appointed as volunteer firemen.
John Schlotler, Byron Canon, Bert Lott and Austin Lott were added to the Volunteer roles as firemen.
Harry Smith was electrocuted from defective electric pads. It is not stated if he was on duty as a firemen at the time of his death.