City of La Mesa ordered a new REO fire truck with 1¼ ton chassis. Cost $5,000. The photograph of this truck is in front of the Fire Station when it was located in the 8100 block of Lookout Avenue.
Chief Luther C. Gordon reported on testing of a new REO pumper. This photograph of the test was published in the La Mesa Scout.
The City ordered a dump body for the old Moreland fire truck. It was used by both the City of La Mesa and the La Mesa Spring Valley School District until the mid 1930's.
Apr 24, 1924
The following appointments were made for a two year term:
Apr 1927 May 1927
C. Gordon, Fire Chief
Levy, Assistant Fire Chief
Austin Lott, Engineer B. Q. R. Cannon, Secretary
Bids were submitted for a Fire House and Shed. Cost $4,595.
The La Mesa Volunteers move their fire truck into a building on the NE corner of Date and Lookout Avenue. Their old building on Lookout Avenue was demolished to make way for new construction. Their new home is owned by the California Division of Forestry, which houses a fire truck used to fight fires in the County outside the City boundaries.