International cultural project market – 27 June 2008, Budapest, Hungary
Project number: 26
Name of the organisation: Linum Alapítvány (Linum International Scientific and Arts Foundation) (Hungary)
Name of the representant: Mr Attila SZOMOLÁNYI
Address: Lombos u. 3., 2094 Nagykovácsi, Hungary
Phone: +36-20-398-8216, +36-26-555-028
The ringing heritage – The International Day of Bells
„ …never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.”
The sound of bells accompany us from our birth to our death. We hear their voice but they remain unseen in most cases. We know unjustly very little about them, about their little brethrens the hand-bells, about their history and the role they played during the millennia. The same is true for the bell-founders. Aside from a few experts and some obsessed civilian we do not care much about them.
To change this attitude with the help of the experts, artists and volunteers.
How? /tasks we want to do/
- to translate the existing (Hungarian) Internet sight into English and develop a European one
- ( http://harang.magyartemplomok.hu/ )
- to organize exhibitions and events focusing on the above themes
- to develop one or more publications developed by means of multimedia software
- to create & put onto stage new music and ballet pieces composed and choreographed for these special events.
-to organize The day of bells in Hungary in 2009 and the first International Day of Bells in 2010.
Some partners: Hungarian Museum for Science and Technology, Hungaria Nostra, the Budapest Dance Theatre, the composers Mr. László Sáry
Attila Szomolányi, Head
Linum International Scientific and Arts Foundation
Phone: +36 26 555 028, + 36 203 988 216