ASSESSING PITCH…CONT’ D….
1) Begin by singing a sound in the middle vocal range
use: pitch pipe - piano /keyboard
2) Go down one tone at a time until reaching lowest range.
3) Afterwards patient goes up scale one tone at a time until reaching
highest note his/her range. Repeat 3 times.
4) Compare pitch range with habitual pitch during paragraph oral reading
5) Determine if patient is using most efficient pitch; pitch difference
should be less than 2 tones.
-Visipitch -Phonatory Function Analyzer
-Computerized Speech Lab -Chromatic Tuner
Acoustic Analysis - Helps identify vocal range & fundamental frequency Fo
- Provides objective measures of severity
- Usually higher Fo in (PD)