Kids, preschool – 6th grade, come and experience a fun time hunting Easter eggs. The time will be 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 22nd. Bring your Easter basket and invite friends to come also.
Do you enjoy breakfast at supper? If so, our youth are sponsoring just that on Wednesday, March 5th, at 6 p.m. Sign up by using the slips in the bulletin on March 2nd.
Youth, don’t forget to sign up for a ticket to the concert at the Florence Civic Center on March 14th. The cost is $18 and deadline the is Sunday, March 9th. Musical guests will include Matthew West, Jeremy Camp and Toby Mac.
This and That . . .
Plans are well underway for a medical/evangelism trip to Romania, July 31-August 11. Volunteers are needed to assist the medical team, to witness in the clinics, to work with children, and to preach. The deadline for commitment for the trip is April 15th. Interested persons should call the FBA Office at 662- 5921 or additional info is available at www.florencebaptistassociation.com.
The Joy Club plans to go to the Schoolhouse Res- taurant on Thursday, March 20th. (note day change!) On the way home, you will visit the new interpretive center at Lynches River County Park. The bus will pull out at 11:15 a.m. Also, seniors don’t forget your soup lunch on March 2nd immediately following the morning worship hour.
The Women in Action Group will host a bridal shower for Lindsay Martin on Monday, March 17th, at 7 p.m.
Live with Urgency/Seize Your Divine Moment: This is the theme for our North American Mission Study on March 9th at 7 p.m. Classes for all ages will be pro- vided. Learn more about how we are telling the Good News throughout North America at this study. Three out of four people in the US and Canada do not have a personal relationship with Christ. Who are you telling about Jesus today? 100 % of the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering directly supports NAMB missionaries and their ministries. What will you give? More than 120,000 missions volunteers serve short-term throughout North America each year. When and where will you go? Our goal for the AAEO is $3,000.
As we look forward to celebrating the Resurrection of Our Lord, contem- plate the following poem entitled, “God Won’t Ask.” I think He would be pleased if we followed Him in celebra- tion by doing these...
1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how many people you drove who didn't have transpor- tation. 2. God won't ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your home. March 23rd
3. God won't ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet, but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.
4. God won't ask about your social status, but will ask what kind of class you displayed.
5. God won't ask how many material possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.
6. God won't ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary.
7. God won't ask how much overtime YOU worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.
8. God won't ask how many promotions you received, but will ask how you promoted others.
9. God won't ask what your job title was, but will ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability. IO. God won't ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you did to help others. 11. God won't ask how many friends you had, but will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend. 12. God won't ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to protect the rights of others. 13. God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors. 14. God won't ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your character. 15. God won't ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didn't.
Our schedule for Easter worship will be:
7:00 a.m. - Early Worship 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast & fellowship time 9:00 a.m. - Sunday School 10:00 a.m. -Celebration of the Resurrection of Our Lord
[no evening services]
Lighthouse Ministries Chicken Bog and Bar-B-Que Wednesday, March 5th Lunch: 11 am-2 pm Dinner 4-7 p.m.
Where: St. John’s Episcopal Church 252 S. Dargan St., Florence
Phone: 629-0830 for ticket info