(3) Gelles and Straus, survey on domestic violence, National Institute of Mental Health, 1985.
(4) Stark and Flitcraft, "Violence Among Intimates, An Epidemiological Review," in Handbook of Family Violence, ed., V.D. Van Hasselt, et al., 1988.
(5) Violence Between Intimates, U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, November, 1994.
(6) Bowker, Arbitell & McFerron, "On the Relationship Between Wife Beating and Child Abuse," in Feminist Perspectives on Wife Abuse, eds., Yllö & Bograd. Beverly Hills: Sage Publications, 1987.
(7) National Center on Elder Abuse, "Understanding the Nature and Extent of Elder Abuse in Domestic Settings." June, 1995.
(8) Violence Between Intimates, ibid.
(9) Ascione, Frank R., Ph.D., Claudia V. Weber, M.S., and David S. Wood. "The Abuse of Animals and Domestic Violence: A National Survey of Shelters for Women Who Are Battered." Society and Animals, 1997, 5(3), in press.
(10) Zorza, Joan. "Women Battering: High Costs and the State of the Law," Clearinghouse Review, Vol 28, No.4, Special Issue 1994.