m a n a g e m e n t p r a c t i c e s : a s t u d y o f I n d i a a n d B r i t a i n . 6 Resource Management, University of Paderborn, 22nd-25 t h th
217. Sparrow, P.R. (1998). Curriculum Design in HRM, Phare and Open Society Institute, Central and East European Management Development Association, Budapest, 16th March 1998.
Sparrow, P.R. (1998).
Why integrate skills and
Competencies and Skills Opportunities Commission,
Sparrow, P.R. & Wu, P.C. orientations, work values,
Understanding the connections between national
Crockett, R. employees in
two local government departments: individual careers
part time and in context, The
full time Strategic
Direction of HRM Conference, Nottingham, 10th-11th December 1997. 221. Sparrow, P.R. (1997). Using competencies: what you get and what you don’t.
International Competency Competence: Using Competency-Based Tools and Applications to Enhance Organisational Performance, London, 13th-16th October 1997.
Budhwar, P. & Sparrow, P.R. (1997).
Strategic HRM through the looking glass: mapping
cognitions of British and Indian HR managers’ to the human resource Paper Track, British Academy of Management Conference, London, 8th-10 th
strategy, Refereed September 1997.
223. Wu, P.C. & Sparrow, P.R. (1997). Understanding the connections between national value orientations, work values, commitment and job satisfaction in a sample of Taiwanese
employees: lessons for internationa London, 8th-10th September 1997.
l HRM, British Academy of Management Conference,
224. Sparrow, P.R. & Wu, P.C. (1997).
National culture and human resource management
preferences in the Taiwanese manufacturing industry. 12th Workshop on Strategic Human Resources Management, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Turku, Finland, 18th-19th March 1997.
Sparrow, P.R. (1996) Understanding the psychological contract in
HRM and occupational psychology. University of Tilburg, Holland, 9th-10 th
the context of European Psychological Contracts,
Sparrow, P.R. (1996)
Uses and abuses of management competencies.
Services Ltd. Conference on Planning for Pay and Productivity, London, 31st
227. Sparrow, P.R. (1996) Cultural diversity: implications for international joint ventures.
and Wireless Global Mobile Human Resources
Conference, London, 29th-30th the International manager.
October. 1st International
Competency Competence: Using Competency-Based Tools and Applications to Enhance
Organisational Performance, Brussels, 2nd-4th
Turkish Personnel Management
Association International Conference, Istanbul, 8th-9th
230. Sparrow, P.R. (1996) Competition and change in the Special Economic Zones of understanding transitions in HRM . 5th International HRM Conference. San Diego, 24th June.
231. Sparrow, P.R. & Budhwar, P. (1996) Human resource management in India: evidence from surveys and cognitive mapping. 5th International HRM Conference. San Diego, 24th – 28th June.
232. Sparrow, P.R.
Chairman of conference.
Flexible Working Practices.