Psychological Society Occupational Psychology Conference, Birmingham, 3rd-5th January
1994. 249. Sparrow, P.R. (1992).
Human resource strategy and competency requirement forecasting.
British Academy of Management, Bradford, 14th-16th September 1992.
250. Sparrow, P.R. & Boam, R. (1992). Using competency based approaches to integrate human resource management. 2nd Western Academy of Management Conference, Leuven, Belgium, 24th-26th June 1992.
Sparrow, P.R. (1992). Focusing human resource management through competency-based
Psychological Society Occupational Psychology Conference, Liverpool, 6th-8th January 1992.
252. Sparrow, P.R. (1991). Resourcing Competitive Advantage through People and Technology. 23rd International HRM Conference, Barcelona, Management Centre Europe. 3rd-5th April
1991. 253. Sparrow, P.R. (1990).
Reducing Dependency on Key Human Resources Through Lateral
Strategic Planning. Active Management of Employee Retention and Motivation, London. 15th March.
254. Sparrow,P.R. (1990). Human Resource Issues in IT: Managing the Human Resource Planning Process. 5th Workshop on Strategic Human Resources Management, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Leuven, Belgium, 8th-9th March.
255. Sparrow, P.R. (1989). Personnel Issues in IT and Telecommunications. Managers Association, Brighton, November.
Sparrow,P.R. (1989). The Human Resource Implications of Mergers and Acquisitions. Computer Services Association, London, June.
Sparrow, P.R. (1989). Is Human Resource Management different to Personnel Management ? Institute of Personnel Management, Midlands Branch, January.
Sparrow,P.R. (1988). Linking business change and Human Resource Management in Halfords. Institute of Personnel Management National Conference, Harrogate, 28th-29th October.
259. Hendry,C., Sparrow,P.R. & Pettigrew,A. (1988). Linking strategic change, competitive
performance and HRM: results of a U.K. empirical study. Cardiff, 18th-20th September.
British Academy of Management,
Sparrow,P.R. (1988). Recruitment and retention strategies in the computer industry: an HRM perspective. INTRO Conference, London, 8th-9th June.
Sparrow,P.R. & Hendry,C. (1988). Pathways to Change in HRM. Norwegian Research Centre in Organisation and Management, Bergen, 27th-28th May.
262. Sparrow,P.R. (1988). Strategic HRM Issues in Retailing. Association, Windermere, 20th-22nd May.
Co-operative Personnel Services
263. Sparrow,P.R. (1988). Takeovers and mergers: a human resources issue. IRS Conference on the Personnel Implications of Corporate Mergers, London, 11th May.
Sparrow,P.R., Hendry,C. & Pettigrew,A. (1988). Managing the process of Human Resource
Management, European Institute for Advanced
Workshop on Strategic Human Studies in Management, Stuttgart,
265. Sparrow,P.R. (1988). Training Practice and Skill Supply Strategy in a Retail Firm. British Psychological Society Occupational Psychology Conference, Manchester, 4th-6th January.
266. Sparrow,P.R. & Hendry,C. (1987). The role of HRM within the Strategic Change Process.