X hits on this document

PDF document

IDIP Conference Call – June 28, 2010 - page 5 / 7

15 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

5 / 7

IDIP Conference Call – June 28, 2010

Page 5 of 7

      • o

        Tom reviewed the recent Safenet issued by the R5 ECC managers pointing to high competition for frequency use and dispatcher time between law enforcement and investigation issues and other dispatch functions (fire, aviation, recreation, engineering, etc). – See Exhibit G

      • o

        The California Regional Leadership Team (RLT) wrote a response paper and are planning to develop contract specifications to provide a range of alternatives and cost comparisons that will consider dispatch center configuration, module configuration, additional needs, training and certification, technology and partnerships – See Exhibit H. Willie Thompson (USFS Deputy Director for F&AM will lead this effort).

      • o

        Tom stated that he has been in contact with Willie Thompson and they both felt there may be opportunities to dovetail the work our steering committee may do under the Workload Optimization BPR.

  • iRWIn Letter of Support to FEC – Tom Wordell

    • o

      Tom stated that he had drafted and sent Jim Douglas a letter of support for the Integrated Reporting of Wildland-Fire Information (iRWIn) Project. . The intent of the letter was to garner interagency support for the project from FEC.

      • o

        iRWIn is an NWCG sponsored project to develop an “end–to–end” fire reporting capability that provides an integrated and coordinated process for collecting and reporting incident/event data. It was designed to promote a “write once/read often” approach that would dramatically reduce the workload on dispatchers.

      • o

        Jim stated he didn’t want to assume the steering group supported the project until they were briefed on it.

Î Action Item#19: Tom to obtain high level briefing paper on iRWIn and send to

steering group Responsible: Tom Wordell

Due Date:

July 1, 2010

Î Action Item#20: Arrange to have John Noneman or Roshelle Pederson available

to join IDIP by conference call on July 26

Responsible: Tom Wordell

Due Date:

July 1, 2010

  • Discussion – All

    • o

      Jim Keena stated that while there appeared to be a lot of moving pieces to our IDIP project, there didn’t appear to be a high level road map explaining how it all fit together. We need a clear definition on what we are planning to accomplish.

      • o

        Jim Keena asked Tom if there was a strategic plan that tied everything he working on together. Tom said he did not have one, but thought the charter outlined much of that.

Document info
Document views15
Page views15
Page last viewedFri Oct 28 18:34:33 UTC 2016
Pages7
Paragraphs305
Words2236

Comments