X hits on this document

Word document

Unit 3, Floor 3, Radisson Court, 219 Long Lane, London SE1 4PR - page 4 / 23





4 / 23

In Scotland you can get careers advice over the telephone by contacting LearnDirect Scotland. They provide a number of services, including information about course providers and qualifications needed to pursue particular careers. They are also able to tell you where you can get careers advice in your local area. For contact details see section 10 Other useful contacts.

Further and higher education careers services

If you are in further or higher education, your college or university should have careers advisers. They should be able to help you decide what to do when you finish college.


If you have already left university or a college of higher education, you can still use the careers service where you studied. If you have moved, you can use the service at your nearest university. You should be able to visit for up to three years after graduation. A careers adviser can take you through all the options that your degree has opened up and help you decide which direction you want to go in. There may be a charge for an interview with an adviser and some London universities also make charges for the use of their careers resources.

Prospects has an extensive graduate careers website at www.prospects.ac.uk. They also offer a free email careers advice service for up to five years after graduation.

The University of London Careers Group also has a useful website at www.careers.lon.ac.uk

Page 4

Document info
Document views86
Page views86
Page last viewedSun Jan 22 10:36:10 UTC 2017