Reference List of included studies
(1) Zondervan KT, Yudkin PL, Vessey MP, Jenkinson CP, Dawes MG, Barlow DH et al. The community prevalence of chronic pelvic pain in women and associated illness behaviour. Br J Gen Pract 2001; 51(468):541-547.
(2) Golding JM, Wilsnack SC, Learman LA. Prevalence of sexual assault history among women with common gynecologic symptoms. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1998; 179(4):1013-1019.
(3) Flug D, Largo RH, Prader A. Symptoms related to menstruation in adolescent Swiss girls: a longitudinal study. Ann Hum Biol 1985; 12(2):161-168.
(4) Wilson CA, Keye WR, Jr. A survey of adolescent dysmenorrhea and premenstrual symptom frequency. A model program for prevention, detection, and treatment. Journal of Adolescent Health Care 1989; 10(4):317-322.
(5) Andersch B, Milsom I. An epidemiologic study of young women with dysmenorrhea. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1982; 144(6):655-660.
(6) Barnard K, Frayne SM, Skinner KM, Sullivan LM. Health status among women with menstrual symptoms. J Womens Health (Larchmt ) 2003; 12(9):911-919.
(7) Gordley LB, Lemasters G, Simpson SR, Yiin JH. Menstrual disorders and occupational, stress, and racial factors among military personnel. Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine 2000; 42(9):871-881.
(8) Holmlund U. The experience of dysmenorrhea and its relationship to personality variables. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1990; 82(2):182-187.
(9) Mishra GD, Dobson AJ, Schofield MJ. Cigarette smoking, menstrual symptoms and miscarriage among young women. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health 2000; 24(4):413-420.
(10) Sultan C, Parisi F, Feki M, Rasandratana A, Attal G, Legasal P et al. Epidemiology of dysmenorrhea in adolescents in France. Annales de Pediatrie 1999; 46(8):518-525.
(11) Pedron-Nuevo N, Gonzalez-Unzaga LNM, Celis-Carrillo R, Reynoso-Isla M, Torre-Romeral L. Frequency of dysmenorrhea and associated symptoms in women of 12 to 24 years. Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico, Vol 66(DEC 1998; )(pp 492-494).
(12) Vicdan K, Kukner S, Dabakoglu T, Ergin T, Keles G, Gokmen O. Demographic and epidemiologic features of female adolescents in Turkey. Journal of Adolescent Health 1996; 18(1):54-58.